The British Deaf Association (BDA) will be holding 2nd BSL Symposium on 18th March 2014 at the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury London. The BSL Symposium theme is Strengthening Our Rights. Two main aims are: (1) launch a report on legal status for BSL; and (2) working together to achieve more equality and rights for deaf people. There will be exhibitions as well.
· Kaisa Alanne, Director of the Finnish Deaf Association on Sign Language and Government, talking about what happen now in Finland that Government works with them to find ways of strengthening their legal rights.
· Dr Sarah Batterbury, BDAs consultant on a report Legal Status for BSL,
· After three course lunch, Liz Gibson-Scott, former Chief Executive of Deaf Action, and Linda Richards on Strengthening BSL/English Interpreting.
· David Buxton on Working Together and Winning More Support for BSL.
· Closing speech by Jeff McWhinney, highly respected Deaf leader and Chief Executive of Significant.
There will be two panels of experts chaired by Professor Graham Turner and Dr Robert Adam to answer questions from the audience.
See attached brochure. Only 100 spaces available, please book now to avoid disappointment by sending the booking form to the BDA, see address as below. Or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org